Friday, January 14, 2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Design Chic for passing along the Sylish Blogger Award to Whitehaven! What a nice surprise in the middle of a long,cold, snowy week in the South. After you receive the award here's what you do:
1) Thank & link back to the person who awarded you.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Award 10 great bloggers that you recently discovered.
4) Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven things about Whitehaven:
1. There are two of us Whitehaven - we are friends and business partners in our interior design firm in Atlanta. I do most of the blogging, but Jane Douglas is right there with me every step of the way.
2. Jane Douglas is a double first name - her last name is Reynolds.
3. We have known each other for twenty years - since we both lived in Richmond, Virginia in the late 80's.
3. Our daughters went to preschool together and have the interior design eye.
4. Both of us have mothers and grandmothers who love to move furniture - all the time!
5. We love all things Chippendale (see our logo).
6. We love, love, love interior design and houses and we love helping our clients create beautiful environments.
7. We believe that original artwork makes the home come alive.
One more thing to know about me is that I don't always play by the rules! I'm a little bit of a rebel. So for the Stylish Blogger Awards we picked ten great blogs that we love, but they aren't all new to us. The first two below are new blogs and are new to us. The next eight blogs are not new to us. They are all wonderful, interesting blogs, each with a unique point of view and are Atlanta based blogs. Without further ado - our Stylish Blogger Awards go to:
These two blogs are new to us and the blog world:
1. The Devoted Classicist
2. The Enchanted Home
We keep up with these six terrific Atlanta bloggers on a regular basis:
3. The Architecture Tourist
4. This Photographer's Life
5. High Gloss Blue
6. A Curated Lifestyle
7. From the Right Bank
8. Style Court
These two bloggers set the standard high here in Atlanta blog world and beyond. How could we not pick these two stylish and creative design blogs and our good friends:
9. Peak of Chic
10. Things That Inspire
Have a great time perusing these blogs and thanks again to Beth and Kristy of Design Chic for our Stylish Blogger Award.
Happy weekend! I think the snow is melting today - yay!!!