Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Whoa Nelly! Slow down.


For the last month I have been running around helter skelter - thrashing about here and there. Busy, busy, busy! But I am not naturally wired for that much busyness - I prefer a quieter, slower pace of life. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be busy with work, but am just making the adjustment to this new pace. I have been drawn to two blogs over the last couple of weeks that both focus on appreciating life and slowing down. It helps me tremendously to take a few minutes - even if it's only fifteen - each day and check in with these two ladies' blogs. Also, I have always had an appreciation for the small beauties in life - the fruit trees in bloom, a hawk in my backyard, a joke my child tells me. So, I make sure to slow down at a few points in each day to really savor the day and soak it all in. I am grateful for the many blessings in my life and for the beauty all around me.



The two blogs that help me recapture serenity:
Slow Love Life - Dominique Browning
Abbeystyle - Becky

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment