Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Milestones: How Do You Celebrate Them?



I love to give parties at my house. I grew up in a family where we celebrated most of the major milestones in life together at someone's house - with food, drink and great company. For me, there is nothing more fun than welcoming family and friends into my house to celebrate life's big events - be it birthdays, sacraments, promotions, graduations. image from googleblogging.com




This week my oldest child graduated from his elementary/middle school and is now moving on to high school. I am hosting a couple of parties this week in celebration of the big event - one was a mother's breakfast at my house yesterday. I took the party prep time as an opportunity to tweak some things in my house...moved the living room rug, changed a few table scapes...




How do you celebrate the milestones in your life? At home, at restaurants, at event venues - or do you just wish the milestones would move right on by?



3 comments:

  1. We celebrate in much the same way you do...my favorite thing to do is to include my grandsons in the decorating...I love the childish artwork embellishing the spaces (handmade painted flags for Syttende Mai, little hand-scripted signs for the food in another language...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family is much like your, we just yesterday had a graduation luncheon for my grandaughter Sarah! Our gatherings are always full of fun and laughter. Great memories.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful...love celebrations at home, they are so much more intimate and allow one to move around. Albeit a little more work for the hostess, but if one is organized and has a list and a plan, then the party is all the easier. Wishing you a lovely memorable celebration.
    pve

    ReplyDelete