Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Off white Kitchens


We are consulting on a kitchen redo that will be off white or ivory, but not tan. The counter tops will be granite - color undecided, but we think we want some contrast. Images are the best way to get us all thinking and seeing - so here are some that we have been looking at for inspiration.

image from Traditional Home



Cathy Kincaid kitchen


image via Things That Inspire


image from Country Living


Love these counter tops!




image from Decor Pad


image from CSI Kitchens


image from Decor Pad


image from Decor Pad


image from Southern Accents, photo by Emily Redfield

Do any of you have a great off white or ivory paint color in your kitchens? Or a granite that you love?

9 comments:

  1. There's so much variation in whites...my favorite white (if you can call it off-white) is Dover from Sherwin Williams. Can't say it's in my current kitchen...published recently in Kitchen + Bath Makeovers magazine, Summer 2010...pages 56-61...the whites there are cooler and brighter but I continue to love Dover as a classic and will use it again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored my previous countertops. We had blue pearl granite and that shimmery splash of color against the stainless steel appliances and the white cabinetry just worked incredibly well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a favorite white. I'd depend on a pro to pick the color. I like these kitchen pictures, they are beautiful but the don't shout. Except for the last one, there isn't so much contrast between cabinets and counter tops.

    I like the Docor Pad picture best with door ajar and a pile of vegetables. I'm sure it was styled to the 9's but at least there is some evidence of human contact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm not sure if these exactly the off-white you are talking about but on the Skirted Roundtable Suzann Kasler said she picks her whites first and listed her favorites:

    OC-17 White Dove: (Hex: F0EFE6)
    912 Linen White (Hex: F3ECDB)
    OC-29 Floral White (Hex: EEECDE)

    From: http://tinyurl.com/ygpwgoz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly - you must know Maria over at Color me Happy? She has a fab blog, does all the best color choosing and tons of white kitchens to look at. I always love a sort of alabaster white-wash, it has a bit of green, and then again I adore simply white, just a classic white.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, also "The Simplified Bee" has some fantastic kitchens - and ideas for pulling it all together.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the true white cabinets......and the marble countertops with a slight gray vein are so classic and modern all at the same time.....they're really timeless.....thank you for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to go check out The Simplified Bee and I love Color Me Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ballet White by Benjamin Moore

    ReplyDelete