Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

New View


Yesterday when I looked out of my kitchen window I saw this:



So,I made a run to the fabric store, hardware store and spent a couple of hours in the afternoon sewing, and now we see this:



It's hard to tell in these photos, but the red in the fabric is a perfect match for my walls. Now I don't have to look at the new house all day long. I think the new house will be attractive when finished (the owner told me today that it will be painted brick), but in the meantime it's nice to have a break from the Tyvek view.





Now I am going to make the cafe curtains for the breakfast area. I had to order the rods (16 inch rods are hard to find, but I ordered them online) and I'll make the curtains this weekend. They will be out of the same fabric, but in flat panels. Photos when they are completed.

9 comments:

  1. I love the fabric, but my eyes can't discern, are those palm trees? And I love love love the lighting fixture over your sink! ~Tina~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Chinoiserie print - trees elephants and figures. I'll post a pic of it.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painted brick eh. Good look. What color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream colored is the way the owner is leaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the new view! Do you put a lining on the back of cafe curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coveting that fabric! The cafe curtains look fab; good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly -
    Either way is fine on cafe curtains - lined or not. I decided not to line them b/c one of the things I love about my kitchen is how much light it gets, so the less light I block the better. Lining would make them more opaque, which I didn't want. I did put a deep 4" hem in to make them look more finished. If light were not an issue I would have lined them b/c it does look beautiful when they are lined and they hang a little better too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enjoying reading about your neighbor, because my new neighbor has a lot of shades pulled in their house (although there is at least 45' between our houses). I can appreciate how stressful a build can be for the people who are next door!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! And not to be rude, but I covet your kitchen. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete